Saturday, February 11, 2012

And so it begins...

February 11, 2012
6:00am


3 positive pregnancy tests
And the news sinks in...I am pregnant!


Jeremiah was still asleep on this Saturday morning
And yet there was no way I was going to be heading back to sleep
I got dressed and quietly slipped out to Target for breakfast food
I told Jeremiah I was picking up Rhode's Cinnamon Rolls
A special treat we both love when we celebrate something exciting
Looking back he thought it was strange I was going out so early
I walked aimlessly around Target looking for something for the "new daddy"
I may or may not have cried several times while shopping (hormones?!?!)
The magnitude of the day just kept sinking deeper and deeper in 
After not being able to find anything that said "daddy" and therefore crying more
I finally settled on a card and sweet baby duck toy
Now it was time to share the big news...


Jeremiah was awake when I got home and little did he know what was coming next
I sat him down to open up the present and he thought the duck "was cute"
Nope, he was not connecting the dots very quickly but the card truly gave it away
"Today we start our biggest adventure...parenthood"
It was a beautiful mix of excitement, fear, and surprise on his face
I have never loved him more than in that moment, as the father of our child 


Jeremiah's Present


It didn't take us more than a few minutes and we were calling family and friends
The idea of keeping the news to ourselves never really crossed my mind



 
 From the Farris Family
I couldn't possibly keep this level of excitement to myself!


From Jeremiah
From My Mom and Kevin

The day was filled with love for us and the new baby from so many that we care about
We are now a family...and the next nine months are going to be an adventure!


"Lord, thank you for the gift of our precious child...."

1 comment:

  1. Dear Baby Heiser,
    We are so excited for your arrival in October. We love you already. We think you have a wonderful Mommy and Daddy. Let us know if you need anything.:)
    lots of love,Grandma and Grandpa Lohr xoxo

    P.S. your cousins Jackson and Grace are excited about you coming too!

    ReplyDelete